India vs England Test Series 2024 | Updated Schedule, Squad, Head-to-Head and Where to Watch
The Test series between India and England is set to begin on January 25th, 2024 in Hyderabad. The two cricket giants will battle it out over 5 Test matches to determine the winner of this highly coveted series.
This Test series promises to be an exciting contest between two strong teams. India will be looking to continue their recent home dominance in Tests, while England under a successful captain Ben Stokes aims to prove themselves in subcontinent conditions. With stars like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Joe Root, and Ben Stokes on display, fans are in for a treat.
Under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma, team India has a strong batting lineup even without veterans like Pujara and Rahane. The spin duo of Ashwin and Jadeja will be lethal on turning Indian pitches.
The English team led by Ben Stokes features a good mix of youth and experience. Crawley, Pope and Root hold the batting together while the pace bowling looks sharp with Anderson, Robinson and Wood.
Head-to-Head and Key Matchups
- India and England have a storied history of competing against each other in Test cricket. Overall, England leads the head-to-head record with 50 wins compared to India’s 31 while 50 Tests were Drawn.
- Key matchups to watch out for include:
- Virat Kohli vs James Anderson: Two veterans of the game who have had epic battles over the years. Anderson has dismissed Kohli 14 times in Tests
- Rohit Sharma vs Jack Leach: Rohit’s weakness against left-arm spin is well known. Leach will be brought on to target him specifically
- Joe Root vs Ravichandran Ashwin: Ashwin has dismissed Root 7 times in Tests and their contest will be pivotal
- Ben Stokes vs Ravindra Jadeja: These Two star all-rounders who can turn the game with bat or ball
The 5 Test matches will be played in Hyderabad, Vizag, Rajkot, Ranchi and Dharamsala. The spin friendly pitches in these cities will test the England batsmen.
Here is the full schedule for the Test series:
As Initially, India had just announced the Squad for the first 2 Test Matches.
Now, India has Revealed its Squad for the Final Three Tests Against England
India’s Squad for the Last 3 Tests of the Series:
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Jasprit Bumrah (VC)
- Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Shubman Gill
- KL Rahul
- Rajat Patidar
- Sarfaraz Khan
- Dhruv Jurel (WK)
- KS Bharat (WK)
- R Ashwin
- Ravindra Jadeja*
- Axar Patel
- Washington Sundar
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Mohd. Siraj
- Mukesh Kumar
- Akash Deep
India Squad For First 2 Tests:
|Rohit Sharma (c)
|KL Rahul (wk)
|KS Bharat (wk)
|Dhruv Jurel (wk)
|Jasprit Bumrah (vc)
|Jonny Baristow (wk)
|Ben Foakes (wk)
|Ben Stokes (c)
Both teams look evenly matched on paper making this series an exciting contest. With the strength of both batting lineups and bowling attacks, fans can expect some thrilling cricket.
When and How to Watch
- All five Tests will start at 9:30 AM IST/4 AM GMT on the five days of play, barring any delay due to weather or any other conditions.
- In India, the match will be shown live on Sports 18-1 SD, Sports 18-1 HD and Colors Cineplex channels.
- Live streaming will be available on JioCinema app or website.
- Commentary will be available in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bhojpuri and Punjabi via Sports 18-1 channels and JioCinema.
- In UK, the matches will be shown live on TNT Sports 1 channel.
This much anticipated India vs England Test series has all the makings of a classic. With 5 action-packed matches played over 2 months, fans are eager to see which team comes out on top. Will India’s spinners weave their magic or will England’s quicks dominate?